See how the prospects performed last night
Another day of minor league action is in the books. You can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (23-36) won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
Jones put Sugar Land on the board in the first inning with an RBI single. The offense got 3 more in the 4th on a McKenna sac fly, Matijevic RBI single and Valdez RBI double. Conine started for the Space Cowboys and allowed 3 runs, 2 earned over 4.2 innings with 6 strikeouts. Sugar Land got a couple insurance runs in the 7th with a run scoring on a wild pitch and a De Goti RBI single. The bullpen was great with scoreless outings from Hernandez, James, Paredes and Blanco to close it out.
Note: Blanco has a 1.80 ERA with 21 K in 15 innings this season.
- J.J. Matijevic, 1B: 2-for-5, R, 2B, RBI
- Jake Meyers, DH: 1-for-5, R
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- Taylor Jones, LF: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
- David Hensley, SS: 1-for-4, R, 2B
- Pedro Leon, CF: 0-for-5, R
- Alex De Goti, 3B: 2-for-3, R, BBB
- Cesar Salazar, C: 3-for-4, R
- Alex McKenna, RF: 0-for-2, RBI, BB
- Brett Conine, RHP: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K (WIN)
- Josh James, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (24-32) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Deason started for the Hooks but struggled allowing 5 runs while retiring just 3 batters. The Hooks first two runs came in the first inning on an error. After falling behind 6-2, Arias got the Hooks closer with a 2 run single in the 6th inning. Bravo was great in relief tossing 6 innings allowing 1 run with 7 strikeouts. In the bottom of the 9th, Dirden connected on a solo HR to make it 6-5 but that was it from the offense as the Hooks fell by that score.
Note: Dirden has 8 HR, 41 RBI and a .917 OPS this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, CF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Yainer Diaz, C: 3-for-5, R, 2B
- Justin Dirden, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Shay Whitcomb, 3B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Will Wagner, DH: 0-for-3, BB, SB
- Bryan Arias, RF: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Cody Deason, RHP: 1.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Devin Conn, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Jose Bravo, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (22-33) lost 3-2 (BOX SCORE)
Kouba got the start for the Tourists and was great through the first 5 innings allowing 1 run. The Tourists picked up 2 runs in the 6th on a Barber RBI triple and Stevens RBI single. Kouba came back out for the 6th and allowed a 2 run HR as the Drive took a 3-2 lead. Kouba finished allowing 3 runs in 6 innings in his High-A debut. The offense was quiet the rest of the way as Asheville fell 3-2.
Note: Barber is hitting .329 this season.
- Quincy Hamilton, CF: 1-for-4
- Michael Sandle, RF: 1-for-3, R, 2B, BB
- Colin Barber, LF: 3-for-4, R, 3B, RBI
- Chad Stevens, SS: 1-for-4, RBI
- Nerio Rodriguez, DH: 0-for-2, 2 BB
- Luis Santana, 2B: 1-for-3
- Rhett Kouba, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Diosmerky Taveras, RHP: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (27-29) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
The Woodpeckers got on the board in the 2nd inning on bases loaded walks to Mascai and Ramirez. Batista started for the Woodpeckers and tossed 4 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts. Swanson was next in and allowed 2 runs in the 5th as the Shorebirds tied it at 2. In the top of the 7th, Cerny connected on a grand slam to take a 6-2 lead. Swanson closed it out with a scoreless 6th and 7th to seal the win.
Note: Cerny has 4 HR, 19 RBI in June.
- Yeuris Ramirez, 2B: 1-for-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- Leosdany Molina, SS: 0-for-4, R
- Joey Loperfido, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Logan Cerny, CF: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI
- Miguel Palma, C: 2-for-4, R
- Victor Mascai, DH: 0-for-1, RBI, 2 BB
- Edinson Batista, RHP: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Nic Swanson, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 5 K (WIN)
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: J.P. France (5.61 ERA) – 6:05 CT
CC: TBD – 1:05 CT
AV: Cole McDonald (9.13 ERA) – 2:05 CT
FV: TBD – 1:05 CT