See how the prospects performed last night
Another day of minor league action is in the books. You can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Space Cowboys (21-34) lost 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Brown started for Sugar Land and was great striking out 9 over 5 innings while allowing just 1 run. Valdez put the Space Cowboys on the board with a solo HR in the 3rd in his first Triple-A at bat. In the 5th the offense picked up 2 more runs on back to back HRs from Lee and Valdez. Sugar Land got another run in the 7th on a Meyers sac fly. The bullpen struggled as the Dodgers tied it up at 4. In the 9th, the Dodgers won on a walk-off 2 run HR as Sugar Land fell 6-4.
Note: Brown has a 2.39 ERA with 69 K in 49 innings this season.
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, RBI
- Corey Julks, LF: 1-for-3, 2 BB
- Korey Lee, C: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Enmanuel Valdez, 2B: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Hunter Brown, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Zac Rosscup, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Enoli Paredes, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (22-30) lost 5-1 (BOX SCORE)
Endersby started for the Hooks and went 6 innings allowing 2 runs and striking out 5. Dirden put the Hooks on the board in the 4th with a solo HR, his 7th HR of the season. The pen allowed 3 runs and the offense was quiet the rest of the way as the Hooks fell 5-1.
Note: Dirden is hitting .303 with a .914 OPS this season.
- Wilyer Abreu, CF: 1-for-4, 2B
- Luke Berryhill, 1B: 0-for-3, BB
- Justin Dirden, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Jordan Brewer, DH: 1-for-4, SB
- Bryan Arias, LF: 1-for-4
- Jimmy Endersby, RHP: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Matt Ruppenthal, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K (WIN)
- Layne Henderson, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
A+: Asheville Tourists (21-30) won 6-3 (BOX SCORE)
McDermott started for the Tourists and was absolutely dominant. He went 6 innings allowing just 1 hit, 1 run and struck out 10. Gonzalez put the offense on the board in the 5th with a solo HR. In the 6th, Barber stayed hot connecting on a 3 run HR, his 6th over the last 7 games. The offense tacked on two more in the 8th on Sandle and Stevens RBI singles. McDonald closed it out allowing 3 runs in 3 innings as the Tourists won. 6-3.
Note: McDermott has 70 K in 47.2 innings this season.
- Quincy Hamilton, LF: 1-for-5, 2 R, 2B, SB
- Michael Sandle, CF: 2-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Colin Barber, CF: 2-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Chad Stevens, 3B: 1-for-4, RBI
- Zach Daniels, DH: 0-for-3, BB, SB
- Cristian Gonzalez, SS: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Chayce McDermott, RHP: 6.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K (WIN)
- Cole McDonald, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (SAVE)
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (24-28) won 13-7 (BOX SCORE)
The offense got on the board in the first scoring a run on an error. In the 2nd, Corona drove in a run on a sac fly. Calderon started for the Woodpeckers and allowed 5 runs over 3 innings. The offense caught fire in the 4th getting a solo HR from Palma and a 2 run HR from Corona. In the 5th, the offense got a 2 run HR from Cerny, his 8th of the year. Loperfido added an RBI single in the 6th to extend the lead. In the 7th, the Woodpeckers blew it open scoring 5 runs on a Whitaker sac fly, Corona bases loaded walk, Molina 2 run single and Cerny RBI single. Barry tossed 3.1 innings in relief allowing 1 run and Schroeder closed it out with 1.2 scoreless innings as the Woodpeckers won 13-7.
Note: Cerny is hitting .409 with 2 HR, 9 RBI in June.
- Kenedy Corona, LF: 1-for-4, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Leosdany Molina, SS: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Joey Loperfido, 2B: 3-for-6, R, RBI
- Logan Cerny, CF: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, SB
- Miguel Palma, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Tyler Whitaker, RF: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, SB
- Cody Orr, 3B: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- Carlos Calderon, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Freylin Garcia, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Shea Barry, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Jayson Schroeder, RHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD – 12:05 CT
CC: Jaime Melendez (7.39 ERA) – 6:35 CT
AV: Juan Pablo Lopez (20.57 ERA) – 6:05 CT
FV: TBD – 6:05 CT