See how the prospects performed last night.
Another day of minor league baseball is in the books and you can see all the Astros affiliates results below.
AAA: Sugar Land Skeeters (7-4)
Game 1 – lost 6-4 (BOX SCORE)
Valdez made his first rehab start last night for the Skeeters. The first inning didn’t go well as he allowed 6 singles and 5 runs, though just 1 was earned. The next two innings he allowed just 1 hit and struck out 3. The Skeeters offense put up two runs in the first on a Jones RBI double and Quintana RBI groundout. They got another run in the third on a groundout and another in the 4th on an error to make it 6-5. Rodriguez relieved Valdez and went 3 innings allowing 1 run but the offense was unable to rally as they lost 6-4.
- Bryan De La Cruz, DH: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Alex De Goti, LF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Taylor Jones, 3B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI
- Lorenzo Quintana, C: 0-for-3, RBI, BB
- Michael Papierski, 1B: 2-for-4
- Yadiel Rivera, SS: 1-for-3, RBI, BB
- Jake Meyers, CF: 1-for-3, BB
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 3.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Nivaldo Rodriguez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
Game 2 – lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Solomon got the start in game 2 and went 4 innings allowing 3 runs. He was relieved by Dubin who went 2.1 innings allowing 2 runs. The offense didn’t do much on the night until the 6th inning when Siri connected on a grand slam to make it 4-3 Skeeters. Unfortunately the Express were able to walk it off in the 7th on a walk-off 2 run HR.
- Jake Meyers, RF: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 1-for-3, R
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 1-for-2, R, BB
- Jose Siri, CF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
- C.J. Hinojosa, SS: 1-for-3, 2B
- Peter Solomon, RHP: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Shawn Dubin, RHP: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (4-7) OFF
A+: Asheville Tourists (4-7) OFF
A: Fayetteville Woodpeckers (6-6) OFF
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
SL: TBD – 6:05 CT;
CC: TBD – 6:35 CT
AV: Chandler Casey (2.57 ERA) – 5:35 CT
FV: TBD – 6:05 CT
Leave a Reply