The NBA has announced a full list of the participants for its three-point, slam dunk and skills challenge competitions ahead of the upcoming 2022 All-Star Weekend in Cleveland.
Per the NBA (Twitter link), the following players will partake in the Mountain Dew Three-Point Contest, which appears to have outpaced the dunk contest as the premiere event for established stars at All-Star Weekend. Four 2022 All-Stars will compete:
- Desmond Bane, Grizzlies
- Luke Kennard, Clippers
- Zach LaVine, Bulls
- CJ McCollum, Pelicans
- Patty Mills, Nets
- Karl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves
- Fred VanVleet, Raptors
- Trae Young, Hawks
According to the league (via Twitter), these are the contestants in the AT&T Slam Dunk Contest:
Below are the NBA’s announced players for the newly revamped Taco Bell Skills Challenge (Twitter link). This year, the Skills Challenge will be divvied up into three teams: Antetokounmpo brothers (“Antetokounmpos”), Cavaliers players (“Cavs”), and rookies (“Rooks”).
- Jarrett Allen, Cavaliers
- Darius Garland, Cavaliers
- Evan Mobley, Cavaliers
- Alex Antetokounmpo, Raptors 905 (Antetokounmpos)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks (Antetokounmpos)
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Bucks (Antetokounmpos)
- Scottie Barnes, Raptors (Rooks)
- Cade Cunningham, Pistons (Rooks)
- Josh Giddey, Thunder (Rooks)
These three events will take place on All-Star Saturday on February 19.